Flick converts property management challenges into resident satisfaction & retention opportunities
Updated: Mar 20
The Flick switch serves as a tool that promotes communication, energy consumption awareness and cost savings between Residents & Property Managers.
Throughout the development process of the Flick smart light switch and messaging device, we never lost sight of concerns from our stakeholders voiced along the way. We met and interacted with countless community, property and asset managers, taking notes as they expressed their respective day-to-day property related challenges.
We processed the feedback and information that was collected along the way. In addition to logging critical feedback, we also dove into various studies and surveys that were sponsored / hosted by credible sources to ensure we did not overlook key challenges or insights.
In the end, regardless of the property type (class-A, student, senior, military, affordable housing communities and beyond), the setbacks and challenges that consistently revealed were:
1. Language barriers are common: Property managers often face communication challenges with tenants who speak a different language. Communication barriers have become commonplace.
Solution: Hire a translator or offer multi-lingual support through printed materials, phone or online services to bridge the language gap.
2. Technology is not always accessible: Some buildings have spotty connectivity and even when technology works and is available, residents may not be comfortable using it.
Solution: Property managers can provide alternative means of communication such as in-person meetings, phone calls, or written communications through mail or hand delivery.
3. Communication breakdowns & time constraints happen: Property managers seem to be covering more ground these days. With limited time and reduced staffing support there is less opportunity and hours in the day to communicate directly with tenants.
Solution: Automate systems & email or text communication messages. Reminders can help streamline communication, reduce time constraints and improve retention.
4. Conflicting schedules is a trend: Tenants may have different schedules that do not align with traditional office hours, this makes it challenging for property managers to arrange in-person meetings or phone calls.
Solution: Property managers can offer alternative means of communication such as email, online portals, or recorded messages.
5. Cultural differences exist: America has become a melting pot filled with a wide-array of diversity and culture. Property managers must take cultural differences into account when building and managing their respective communities.
Solution: Being culturally sensitive and understanding the customs and traditions of tenants will help improve communication and build trust, community and retention.
At Flick we have yet to master the art of effective time blocking, or language and cultural gap filling, (sorry to disappoint)! While we can't promise to teach people a different language or magically add more hours to the work day, we can and will help you resolve your most challenging property related issues.
Flick allows you to message directly into units or engage an entire community, improving resident awareness and communication. We help enhance engagement by delivering relevant messaging and information that helps grow awareness and engagement.
The Flick Switch not only serves as a tool to raise energy awareness, it also serves as a resident engagement tool to announce events, general reminders, health and wellness checks, mail center or front desk notifications, etc. And did we mention that we designed the Flick switch to require absolutely zero tech or support from your staff or residents!
At Flick, we remain focused on delivering property solutions that alleviate property challenges for both management and residents.
Flick's mission remains enhancing communication amongst our communities, raising energy consumption awareness and saving our customers from costly mistakes and setbacks.